This full-time position is located at an outpatient clinic in NE Portland's Gateway area. The schedule is Monday - Thursday 10:15am - 7:00pm and Friday 9:30am - 5:00pm.
Under close supervision, the Childcare Worker performs a variety of child care related services and activities for the children of clients involved in substance abuse treatment in an outpatient setting. Many of the children have been involved with the Child Welfare System and Foster Care and may have special needs. Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare supports a trauma-informed care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Childcare Worker understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Work experience working with children is preferred. Some work experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness is also preferred
- Ability to relate well to children and intervene in problem behaviors in an effective manner
- Knowledge of methods of ensuring the safety of children in the waiting room
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com