This is a full time position (40 hours/week) located at Cascadia's administration offices in NE Portland. The schedule is typically Monday - Friday, day time business hours.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for inputting data from various source documents into the computer system for storage, processing and data management purposes within a timely and accurate manner. The Billing Specialist is responsible for billing clients and insurance companies and adjudicating accounts in a timely manner.
- A High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent. Knowledge of the health insurance industry, specifically behavioral health, preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education/experience in a mid to large size accounting environment, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of insurance companies' rules and regulations (PPO, HMO, Medicare and Medicaid and Commercial)
- Data entry skills, 10-key by touch, and keyboarding 65 wpm
- Ability to operate office equipment such as photocopier, fax machine, printer, and calculator
- Ability to operate computer to access email, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software
- Ability to prepare reports
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com