The Certified Recovery Mentor (CRM) will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide peer recovery support to individuals with substance abuse and mental health disorders while supporting a trauma-informed care perspective. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving substance abuse and mental health services, it is required the Recovery Mentor understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. In addition, this position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives by providing a set of non-clinical activities that will promote a strengths-based, wellness-informed, client-centered approach to assisting individuals being served in achieving person-driven goals. The Recovery Mentor will advocate for the individual and support them to pursue their personal goals and individual wellness journey. As such, the structure and activities promote client-driven goals established on the service plan. It is essential that the Recovery Mentor openly identify as a person who has lived the experience of being in recovery from substances.
- A completed Recovery Mentor training approved by the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
- A Traditional Healthcare Worker (THW) certification is required in addition and must be kept current and in compliance with the OAR's.
- Position requires experience as a former or current user of behavioral health services.
- Must self-disclose as being in active recovery from substance addiction and must have personal experience with recovery services.
- Experience with Medication Supported Recovery is preferred
- Some work experience working with adults with substance abuse challenges is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter and retrieve data
- Prepare simple reports and progress notes
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com