CRISIS COUNSELOR III
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week. Work hours for this position are variable and will require flexibility. Work is performed primarily in the community setting, with the home office located in NE Portland.
The Project Respond Child and Family Specialist provides mobile crisis response, risk assessment and crisis stabilization planning for adults and children in Multnomah County. This position works as part of a team and approaches work with people from a trauma-informed, strength-based, perspective and works in concert with programs in Multnomah County's Acute Care Continuum. The PR Child and Family Specialist position works collaboratively with mental health and physical health care providers, police agencies, emergency departments, school personnel, and other social service agencies to assure the best possible treatment for clients, while supporting a trauma-informed care environment.
- Master's Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrate the competencies as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP).
- At least one year experience working with children, adolescents and families providing a broad range of clinical intervention and completing mental health assessments.
- Equivalent combination of education/experience preferably in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM
- Advanced knowledge of risk assessment and crisis intervention
- Understand evidence based practices, and strength based case management philosophies and strategies including trauma informed care.
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions including the ability to operate Electronic Health Record software
- Possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course. This position requires the ability to drive a personal or company vehicle for the completion of work duties.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org