Are you a healthcare professional who believes that mental health and substance use services, primary care, and wellness activities go hand-in-hand to getting and being healthy? Do you believe that housing is healthcare and that everyone needs a safe, connected environment to thrive? If so, please apply for the Garlington Health Center Director at Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare. Join us as we create whole health care for our community. We need an innovative and experienced leader who can direct the services within the new health center, as well as inspire the surrounding community to seek wellbeing.
The new Garlington Heath Center is under construction on Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd and will be opening in late August. The Health Center Director will lead Cascadia's first purpose-built integrated health center, providing NE Portland with a full array of mental health and substance use services, primary care, and wellness activities. If you're an individual who knows that services look different for different people we would love to talk with you.
The Garlington Health Center Director is responsible for oversight of the Garlington Center within Cascadia. The Garlington Center is an integrated health model which offers services for adults, children, and families who are seeking mental health, addiction, primary care, and wellness services. The role of the Garlington Health Center Director includes integrated health model development and implementation, business development and growth, establishing and maintaining good community relationships, program development and operations, performance management, financial planning and budgets, program oversight, risk management, and quality improvement.
- A graduate degree, in a health related field is required. Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP), as outline in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR), is strongly preferred.
- The incumbent is expected to keep certification current and in compliance with the OAR's and respective Board.
- A minimum of three years providing behavioral health or primary care services (must include two years post Masters) in an acute care setting is required, preferably in a community health center serving culturally diverse and underserved patient populations.
- A minimum of five years in a management position is required.
- A total of eight years of experience with, and superior knowledge of, adult outpatient programs, including primary care, mental health and addiction services is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a setting where primary care is provided.
- Knowledge of integrated healthcare treatment, primary care, and substance use services; population health management; and wellness focused activities.
- An understanding of the recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery, evidence based practices, and strength based case management philosophies and strategies is required.
- Excellent ability to collaborate and problem solve both internally and with external partners/stakeholders
- Demonstrate the competencies to manage the day-to-day operations of an integrated health center
- Ability to manage medical and clinical aspects of care for individuals with complex medical and behavioral healthcare needs
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Ability to enter data and retrieve data and to prepare reports
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org