Work is performed in an ordinary office environment at Cascadia's Administrative building. Work hours are standard business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm. Daily routines may be hectic; meal periods and breaks are subject to interruption. Some scheduling adjustments may be necessary to accommodate coverage for special events
The External Communications Specialist works with the Senior Director of Communications on developing and implementing external communications and public engagement strategies for Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare and Cascadia Housing. The External Communications Specialist's primary responsibilities are in marketing, public relations, and communications in an effort to promote positive public image among Cascadia's various external audiences (clients and community members, partner organizations, funders and supporters, media, recruitment, and board members). This position will also collaborate with others in the organization to achieve brand consistency, strategic direction, coordination of messages, and the highest standards for communications. This position is responsible for developing and implementing materials and content reflective of the brand standards and communications strategy, including the organization's messaging and content for external channels such as the website, social media, sponsorships and events, digital and traditional advertising, and media relations. The External Communications Specialist is responsible for the coordination of all external communications activities impacting the Cascadia brand. This positions reports to the Senior Director of Communications.
A Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing, English/journalism, or a related communications field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of marketing, communications, media, or public relations experience.
- Must have previous experience managing websites.
- Experience in integrated communications planning.
- Must be active in social media platforms.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability of creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of project management tools (Basecamp, Slack).
- Knowledge of content management systems (Word Press, Sharepoint).
- Knowledge of email marketing tools (MailChimp, Constant Contact).
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Ability to be flexible and maintain good decision-making skills in times of stress.
- Creative thinker, problem solver, multi-tasker, organized.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
Possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org