This position is located in SE Portland at an Enhanced Care Facilities (ECF). The setting for this position is a residential treatment facility that serves adults and seniors with a severe and persistent mental illness. The full-time schedule for this position is every Monday from 11:30am - 8:00pm, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:30am - 6:00pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 7:45am - 4:15pm.
The Counselor II works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team environment providing skills training and psychosocial programming in the facility and in the community for persons with severe and persistent mental illness residing in an Enhanced Care Facility, while supporting a trauma-informed care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the Counselor II understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the Enhanced Care Facilities managers and supervisors, however direct supervision will be provided by a Program Manager at Cascadia. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals.
- A Bachelor's degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university.
- Must demonstrate the competencies as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA). Certification must be maintained current and in compliance with the OAR's.
- Relevant experience includes working in a long term care facilities or residential settings and/or experience working with individuals coping with a serious mental illness. Experience working with older adults is a plus.
- Understanding of strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Ability to implement recovery model, motivational interviewing, and illness management and recovery
- Ability to operate computer hardware and software (including Electronic Medical Record software) at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Knowledge of accepted treatment practice
- Ability to enter data and retrieve data and to prepare simple reports
- Possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org