This is a full time position at 40 hours/week, located at one of Cascadia's outpatient Health Centers in the SE Milwaukie, OR. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 to 5:00 pm.
The Counselor III provides and coordinates a wide range of supportive and therapeutic mental health services for a caseload of adults with severe mental illnesses and addiction issues, while supporting a trauma-informed care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required that the Counselor III understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. This position collaborates with internal and external resources to assure the best possible treatment for clients. This position involves participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client-centered approach in assisting clients achieve individual goals.
- A Master's Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR). Certification must be current and in compliance with the OAR's. The CADC credential is preferred in addition to a Master's Degree given the high occurrence of substance use/abuse.
- Clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Experience with LGBTQ+ populations preferred.
- Able to conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM
- Understand recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery
- Thorough knowledge of evidence-based practices, and strength-based case management philosophies and strategies
- Operate computer hardware and software (including EMR software) at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter and retrieve data
- Prepare reports
- Possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course.
- Must have access to a personal vehicle in order to meet with clients in the community.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org