DIRECT SUPPORT STAFF/MENTAL HEALTH/COUNSELORS
We have multiple positions, full time, partime, on call, and float positions that work at various sites to meet a certain number of work hours per week. Our programs are located in the following areas:
- Portland (NE, SE, SW, NW and East County
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
Shifts available are day, swing and overnight shifts.
These positions are titled as follows:
- Residential Counselor I or II
- Treatment Specialist I or II
- Secure Residential Treatment Specialist I or II
The Direct Support Staff work as a member of an interdisciplinary team to implement and monitor treatment for residents within the residential facility. These positions involve participation and implementation of program goals and objectives to promote a strengths-based, client centered approach to assisting residents in achieving individual goals and ultimately transitioning to a less restrictive setting.
- Level I ( Residential Counselor I, Treatment Specialist I or Secure Treatment Specialist I) positions require a High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Level II ( Residential Counselor II, Treatment Specialist II or Secure Treatment Specialist II) positions require a BA degree in a behavioral science field or a combination of education and mental health work experience. Must demonstrate the competencies as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR) to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Associate (QMHA). Certification must be maintained and in compliance with the OAR's.
- Some work experience working with adults with severe and persistent mental illness is preferred.
- Operate Computer hardware and software (Including Electronic Health Record Software) at a level to effectively perform the job functions, including entering and retrieving data.
- Work may include the use of company provided transportation in order to transport clients; incumbent may need to possess a valid driver's license, three year driving history; clean driving record, ability to pass Driver
- Motor Vehicle (DMV) check and complete the Cascadia online Defensive Driving course (Overnight shift is an exception based on program needs).
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
Inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org