POPULATION HEALTH RESEARCH DIRECTOR
The work schedule for this position is typically Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm. The position will be working out of the administrative offices located in NE Portland by the Lloyd Center.
The Population Health Research Director is responsible for conducting research, predictive statistical analyses, and generating population health insights which drive improvements in clinical care, and engage external partners and policy makers in moving Cascadia towards the cutting-edge of integrated behavioral healthcare. This position is responsible for the creation of a research infrastructure at Cascadia, and building Research and Innovation efforts from the ground up. The Population Health Research Director will report to the Chief Medical Officer, and collaborate with the Chief Clinical Officer and Quality Management team, to identify the major population health, clinical, and quality improvement opportunities and challenges at Cascadia. In doing so, the research developed will play a key role in the development of pilot programs and related risk and revenue-sharing opportunities with external partners. The Population Health Research Director will also work with the Director of Communications to share research findings to internal and external stakeholders, and serve as a resource to Staff Training & Development, in order to create a culture of data-driven clinical care.
- A Bachelor's degree in social sciences, public health, statistics, or other degree with emphasis on statistical analysis; Master's or doctoral degree in relevant field is preferred.
- Prior experience working in public health and/or healthcare setting, with the Medicaid population, and/or in a safety net clinic is preferred.
- A passion for improving the health outcomes of a population with significant mental health, physical health, and substance use disorder co-morbidities
- Knowledge of population health strategies
- Ability to enter and retrieve data
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to prepare moderate to complex reports
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma informed care and who are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and who are expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be direct to firstname.lastname@example.org